• 2.4k views
    • 3 replies
    • 1.7k views
  5. Newly Redesigned

• 8 replies
    • 2k views

• Recent Gallery Images

• Recent Forum Wide Posts

• Note: Consider keeping uploads no larger than 1600 pixels on the long side when it matters, and sticking with 1000 pixels when the image feels no pain at that resolution. On data size/compression, try to keep things under 1mb, shooting for 600kb when you can stop there. Note that this includes photos hosted off-site (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc.). New to this thread? The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are right here: https://www.photo.net/forums/topic/398109-guidelines-for-nikon-forum-wednesday-image-threads. For now, we're sticking with 1, 2, or 3 images per week as you see fit.
    • I would bring along the Lumix, mostly for the 486mm (FF equivalent) lens, since your phone does not seem to have a telephoto camera.  In most other areas, I would expect a modern smartphone to outperform a 14 year old, small CCD sensor point and shoot, especially how a smartphone handles low light with computational HDR tech. I have seen a vast number of people use smartphones in almost any light (in sunny Croatia and the beach in San Diego) without much difficulty.  Its also useful if and when you need to use Google maps, find a good restaurant, text a friend, or even make a phone call.
    • If a major motivation for the trip is photography, personally I would take a camera. I admit bias, since I was forced to use a camera without a finder for work for several years and found it very difficult under sunny skies, sometimes even needing to revisit a site and take more photos.  I also haven't had a cell phone since I retired many years ago.  
    • Along the South Kaibab Trail, Grand Canyon NP, Arizona Pentax KP HD Pentax-DA* 1:2.8 11-18mm ED DC AW