• 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
    • 0 replies
  17. New Intro

• 1 reply
    • 1.4k views

• Recent Gallery Images

• Recent Forum Wide Posts

• Velcro has been around for a long time--at least 50 years, I think.  The first soft box I bought came from Calumet in the late 1980's (I think it was made by Photoflex, but I'm not sure about that) and it was a one piece unit with the front diffusion panel permanently attached.  There was an inner diffusion panel that had clips attached to elastic the you got to from the inside of the soft box.  I later got rid of it because the white interior gradually turned a pale green so it was useless for the color transparency film that I was using at the time.  Lesson learned--the soft boxes that I bought after that have silver interiors that haven't changed color over the last 20 years. Also, taking that soft box apart required pliers to get the fiberglass wands out of the strobe adapter. The White Lightning ones I mostly use now go together like umbrellas and are much easier to assemble and take down for storage.
    • Simple idea from days when I had less than ideal living conditions.  A dish pan water bath for all solutions. For most development cycles, close enough.
    • They should be close to developer temperature,  but they are not as critical as developer temperature is.  If they are within 65-75 ° F you should be OK.  If the fixer temperature is too low it won't work; if it and the stop bath are too high then you might get reticulation on your film which will result in very large grain clumps.  This applies to wash waster temperature as well, so don't let that get very high or very low.