• 3 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 1.7k views
    • 4 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 3 replies

• Recent Gallery Images

• Recent Forum Wide Posts

• Ensure a smooth Bahrain Visa Document Requirement application process with our concise guide to document requirements. From passport scans to travel itineraries, we provide clear insights to streamline your application. Stay informed and prepared for your journey with our expert guidance.      
    • Yes, it should be usable. i had one of these briefly, with a similar problem, which could not be corrected. If I recall correctly, there are five mechanical shutter speeds from 1/60 to 1/1000 which work without batteries. So you can set the exposure manually. There's an old photo.net article about it here:  
    • Longwood Gardens, PA
    • Although there's little difference in the total sound from the various options,  there is a difference in when and where it occurs.  A large part of the noise you get from an SLR comes from all the operations happening in rapid sequence.  In the situation above, if shots are not continuous, I'd suggest "quiet" mode (that's the "Q" on the shutter mode dial).  In this, the mirror return does not occur until you let go of the shutter button.  This means that you can point and shoot, but you have the option of dropping the camera into the pew, or between your knees, under your jacket, etc. before letting the mirror return, or just waiting a little to keep the sounds separate. Or course it only works in single shot mode, and only if there's some time between shots.  It also suppresses the focus beep if you're using single servo focus. There's not a lot of difference here, but there's some, and it might be enough. Mind you, as SLR noises go, the D7200 and 7100 seem pretty quiet compared to what I used to use.  An old F will scare the horses, and when you fire a Konica T3 people will turn around to see what you dropped.