• 0 replies
    • 2.2k views
    • 1 reply
    • 2k views
    • 2 replies
    • 2.1k views

• Recent Gallery Images

• Recent Forum Wide Posts

• That 1 mm difference (which is wrong) I derived by checking working distances from two websites and subtracting them, leading to an erroneous result (because of the source data). I checked it now experimentally and at both 1:1 and 1:3, the F-mount 105 VR retains about 2 cm greater working distance over the 105 MC. Sorry for the error, sometimes it's best to just do one's own experiments rather than trust numbers people publish on various websites... 😉    You're also correct on the importance of the focus distance for the reasons you mention. There are options such as the use of a lateral arm that allows the placement of the camera closer to the subject, e.g., when the subject is in water and one doesn't wish to place a tripod foot in the water (for either because of the impact of the dirt and water on the tripod locks or simply because one doesn't want to disturb the water and spook the animals or affect the content of other images by e.g. spoiling the fresh snow). However, lateral arms tend to weigh something and they can be a hassle to bring into the woods. There are also some tripods specifically made for close-up photography. While I have a Gitzo lateral arm which fits my 3- and 4-series tripods, I rarely carry it into the field because of the extra weight.  I also have a Manfrotto Super Clamp which can be attached to a tripod leg and can give some low angle positions while the tripod legs are safely on the bank side of the river.   There are also visual differences between focal lengths, as the longer focal lengths lead to more magnified backgrounds relative to the main subject framed in a particular way, and so it's easier to get clean simplified backgrounds using a long macro. However, sometimes simple can be too simple, and a wider angle of view shows more of the environment.      
    • Tensile structure, Awnings & Canopy – A cool and pleasant solution from harsh Sun rays and rainy day. Sunshade Solutions a well reputed name in the Tensile, Awnings and Canopy industry for best quality and prompt service. Our product like Tensile structure, Awnings and Canopy are unique in design, eye caching and very durable. Sunshade Solutions and Awnings provides perfect solution towards energy saving benefits as well as protect valuable items from fading caused by harsh Sun Rays. Sunshade Solutions and Awnings make your place very special, colorful and attractive. We have perfect and pleasant solution for you under the lovely decor of custom design. Sunshade Solutions a leading manufacturer of vide range of Tensile structure, Awning & canopy product, Poly Carbonate Sheet, Roofing Sheeting, Domes, Tents, Walkways, Car parking Shed, Swimming Pool Covering, Sunshade also undertake the steel fabrication work both for industry and non industry application and covering the structures with Acrylic Sheets, Coated Fabrics, Polycarbonate Sheets, Plastic Sheets, Roofing, Sheeting etc.