1. Latest acquisition(s) 1 2

• 37 replies
    • 2.3k views
    • 1 reply
    • 16 replies
    • 2.7k views

• Recent Gallery Images

• Recent Forum Wide Posts

• I like 2nd bw best. In the 1st, the white door (or whatever) is too dominant. T increased local contrast gives humanity to the people; which is appealing to me, but reduces the abstractness, which may be contrary to someone else's desire to attain an emphasis on shapes. I agree that the color versions are bad in comparison.
    • There are islands of desire for film gear. Lived in and now near to Toronto where film photography is well-rooted and supported by an ecosystem of labs and stores. That's where demand survives. Elsewhere? Not so much. I grabbed stuff like mad in the early 2000s when the "big auction site" was awash in film gear.  NOS/mint stuff was cheap and plentiful. I bought lots. But then the repair guys retired, died, or moved 10+ years ago. Friends are now scarfing up stuff I rejected years ago. It breaks and no one can fix it. Again, it's sane to see film cameras as mostly disposable now. Safe to say buy the newest/best condition film bodies you can afford. Enjoy 'em while you can.
    • Here's June Lockhart at 40, in 1965, from the first episode of Lost in Space. Right, the actress in the ad is not June Lockhart. And, speaking of "isn't it wild", we would watch Lost in Space on our black and white tv with either my brother or me standing at the tv adjusting the rabbit ears or holding them steadily so we'd get a decent signal. Meanwhile Mom, our very own version of June Lockhart, lol, would be standing in the kitchen, talking on the phone that hung on the wall, trying not to get herself wrapped up in the long coil cord attached to it. She probably had some TV dinners in the oven for us, our mouths watering for the cherry gelatinous dessert to follow the turkey and stuffing!