Christophe Bonnet [le-plume]
Member Page View Count: 2K +
Total User Views: 57K +
A computer network professional by day, an historian of (XVIIIth Century) technology by night and an amateur photographer between that !
The pictures I present here are mostly film : I don't own a DSLR but I have a few Pentax 35mm cameras with a good array of lenses and I like to use them. Then again, I started as a kid with my dad's SP500...
I've also got a Canon Ixus 400 compact digital which pretty much rekindled my interest for photography - but as good as this camera is, its images can't compete whith SLRs.
My equipment history:
- Started on my father's Spotmatic SP500;
- basically stopped taking pictures when I went off to college, but for a few 110 rolls on an instamatic and a few 35mm disposables;
- then bought a Pentax MZ-10 on a trip to Japan - a nice camera, even though the zooms it was fitted with are a bit dull;
- was offered a Canon Ixus 400 digital compact, mostly for archival research, but it pretty well dragged me back to hobby photography;
- then went crazy a few months back over 2nd hand film cameras: got myself a Pentax P30t with autochinon 50mm f:1.7, which I resold since then;
- and then got a ME Super with a Ricoh 55mm f:2.2, a Tamron 28mm f:2.8 and ditto 135mm f.2.8; I've sold the Tamron lenses, kept the Ricoh, which isn't worth much anyway; threw 75? on a CLA for the ME Super body, which I use as my main camera those days;
- bought some glass off ebay, mostly Pentax-M: 50mm f:1.4 (amazing lens), 35mm f:2.8 (pretty good, even though the diaphragm spring isn't that springy anymore), 135mm f:3.5 and 200mm f:4, both very good; also, a Pentax-A 28mm f:2.8, which I'll be selling as soon as I find a Pentax-M replacement;
- dabbed into medium format: purchased a YashicaMat 124G and then, the day after, I got to borrow my father-in-law 6×6 TLR, a french-built Semflex Otomatic B, which has one hell of a personality;
- just got myself a MX body: since everyone's raving about them, they must be pretty good!
Next steps (maybe): a good tripod; maybe a MZ3 or MZ5n body to replace the MZ-10: sometimes autofocus is good to have; as far as glass is concerned, I'll probably try to grab a 100mm f:4 macro one of these days.